1. In a pressure cooker boil potatoes with salt and water for about 4 whistles.
2. Then add into a bowl and mash.
3. In a nonstick frying pot, heat oil and add 3 whole dry red chilies, then mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger garlic green chili paste add then potato and give a good stir.
4. Add water, date and tamarind chutney and garam masala and bring it to boil adding more water to get a curry with gravy.
5. Ladle onto a serving bowl and serve with rotis, bread or rice.