Indian Paneer Pakora
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chick pea flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut paneer into 1 or 1 ½ inch pieces.
2. Sprinkle salt and chili powder on it. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, take chick pea flour. Add salt but not too much as we have already sprinkled salt over paneer.
4. Add turmeric, chili and coriander powder, and coriander leaves. Mix it well.
5. Add water gradually to ensure that the paste is not getting too runny. Keep it of a thick consistency to coat the paneer well.
6. In a pan, heat oil.
7. Add paneer to the chick pea batter. Mix it around to coat the paneer evenly.
8. Immerse the paneer in medium hot oil and let it fry for a few minutes till it becomes brown in colour. Turn it around in oil a couple of time to make sure it cooks evenly.
9. Take out the pakoras and place it on a dish covered with paper towel to remove excess oil.
9. Serve Indian paneer pakodas with chutney or sauce.