A viewer gave me this recipe and I just had to share it. It's super easy to make, just make sure you start early - it needs 3 hours to rise. Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
All purpose flour/Pastry flour
2 Cup (32 tbs) (11 1/4 Ounce)
Active dry yeast
4 Gram (1 teaspoon)
6 Gram (1 teaspoon)
5 Gram (1 teaspoon)
3 Gram (1/2 teaspoon)
1 Ounce (2 tablespoon)
1 Ounce (2 1/2 tablespoon)
6 Ounce (3 /4 cup, warmed to 110 degrees F)
1) Preheat the oven with pizza stone to 500°F for at least 20 minutes.
2) In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in water and allow to ferment for 10 minutes. It should get foamy and appear creamy.
3) In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix in the oil and yogurt, then add water and bring the dough together. The dough should be sticky.
4) Cover and allow to rest in a warm place for 3 hours.
5) Sprinkle the work surface generously with flour and knead the dough by hand for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and using additional flour roll out to desired shape.
7) Place the rolled out dough in the oven on the pizza stone and bake for about 3 minutes or until the edges are browned and the naan has puffed.
8) Serve the naan with a bowl of curry or as desired.
For a flatter crisper naan, cut about five 2-inch slits in the dough before baking.