1. Soak 200 grams rajma in water overnight and boil it the next day for 1 hour.
2. Heat a pan to medium flame, add oil, then cloves and cardamom.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
4. Add green chilies and tomatoes and stir.
5. If onions are sticking to the base add 10 milliliter water, mix well and let it cook for a while.
6. Mix well adding chili powder, salt and garam masala to taste.
7. Mix for a while adding ½ teaspoon coriander powder and ½ teaspoon cumin powder and cook for a while.
8. Add the boiled rajma bean to the mixture in the pan and mix well.
9. Add some water if required.
10. Place a lid and let rajma cook for 10 minutes such that the rajma absorbs the masala in the mixture.