1. Heat a pan to medium high heat, add ghee and roast dry fruits such that the raisins pop up well and the nuts are roasted.
2. Remove and keep aside in a plate.
3. To the same pan add the grated carrots and roast for 7-8 minutes.
4. Slowly add 1 cup milk and mix well and after 2 minutes add another half cup.
5. Add more milk if not sufficient.
6. Place a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrot is cooked.
7. Once done add cardamom powder and sugar and mix well until well incorporated.
8. Mix in dry fruits.
9. Add a pinch of food color if desired.
10. Serve the carrot halwa with vanilla ice cream.