1. Blend tomatoes and sugar together.
2. Add some water to make a smooth paste.
3. In a pan heat olive oil and splutter the tempering mix.
4. Add the onions and sauté.
5. Once onions are cooked add tomato puree and cook until the tomatoes leave the raw flavor.
6. Add cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and chili powder.
7. Add the remaining veggies and cook.
8. Add salt to taste and pour half a cup of water.
9. Cover with a lid and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are well cooked.
10. Serve in a plate with a garnish of basil leaves.