Poached Chicken Potato Patties
|Chicken||50 Gram, boneless, boiled and crumbled|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||3 Small|
|Cheese||10 Gram (optional) (Optional)|
|Green chili||2 Medium, chopped finely|
1. Cut the potatoes into equal halves and boil them.
2. Boil the chicken similarly.
3. With a potato masher, mash the boiled potatoes after skinning them until they attain a very soft texture.
4. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds and salt to taste and mix well.
5. Grate over garlic and add chopped green chilies.
6. Using a spatula, mix them up well.
7. Once the mixture is well incorporated add the corn flour and all purpose flour and mix well.
8. Make sure no water is added at all and very nice soft dough is formed.
9. Take a lemon size ball out of the dough and shape it to a round.
10. If the dough is sticking apply some oil to your palm.
11. Form into a small ball and punch a hole in the center.
12. Place a nice chicken piece and cover the ball shaping it into a pattie.
13. Layer with bread crumbs and place in a plate.
14. Repeat the same procedure to make remaining patties.
15. Take a nonstick pan and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil making sure the pan is well greased.
16. Once the pan is hot place the patties all over and shallow fry them for 3 minutes on each side flipping carefully in between without breaking them. You may either deep fry the patties if desired.
17. Add grated cheese all over the patties and flip over to let it cook for one minute for the cheese to melt over.
18. Serve with tomato ketchup, mayonnaise or chili sauce.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11 mg3.7%
Sodium 1122 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 95.5%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet