Spicy Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice
|Onion||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Tikka masala sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (readymade)|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound (boneless)|
|Nonfat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Thaw chicken if you are using frozen.Rinse them and pat them dry. Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
2. Cook the basmati rice according to the directions on the package.
2. Chop the onions finely.
3. Take a sauce pan and heat the olive oil.
4. Throw in the onions and sweat them out.
5. Add the chicken pieces and saute it.
6. Shake the bottle of tikka masala sauce well and pour it in the pan.
7. Simmer uncovered for sometime until the sauce reduces a little bit.
8. Add the yogurt and stir it in. Let it simmer and reduce further until you get the perfect consistency of the curry.
9. Plate the rice and add ladles of the tikka masala curry on top of it. Serve hot.
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114 mg38%
Sodium 940.5 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet