This simple curry made from sweet potatoes, cauliflower and capsicum makes a great side-dish, or you can have it as a vegetarian main course. Enjoy!
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced
1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into flowerets
Red chili powder
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Large, thinly sliced
2 Teaspoon, crushed
1 Medium, diced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a pan heat oil and saute vegetables adding a little salt until softened for 5-6 minutes.
2. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
3. In the empty pan add a little oil and splutter the cumin seeds.
4. Add onion and ginger and saute until the onions are softened.
5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, sambhar powder and red chili powder and mix well.
6. Add tomatoes, mix well and add 1-2 cups water if needed to attain desired consistency.
7. Add salt and tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame stirring occasionally.
8. Add the vegetables, garam masala, sugar and gram flour and stir well.
9. Place a cover on the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.