Kerala Fish Curry with Cokum and Coconut Milk
1) In a large skillet, dry roast fenugreek seeds, then add oil.
2) Add mustard seeds and let them splatter.
3) Add onions and salt and sauté for few minutes.
4) Add red and green chilies, curry leaves and sauté for 3 minutes.
5) Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and mix thaw well. Cook for few minutes.
6) Now, add all the spices and stir.
7) Stir in cokum along with water. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
8) When oil starts to separate, add coconut milk and increase heat.
9) Cover the skillet and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
10) Reduce heat and remove the lid. Remove cockum and discard them.
11) Add fish and let it cook for 5 minutes. Stir the fish gently.
12) Garnish the fish curry with cilantro and serve it with rice or Indian bread.