Rice And Beer Beef Curry
1. Use Golden Curry (medium-spicy) or you can substitute it with any other Japanese curry roux!
2. Cut thinly sliced beef into bite size pieces. Slice onion. Remove tough base of shimeji mushroom and break into bite-sized chunks. Thaw and remove the edamame beans from the pods.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large stew pot, sauté the sliced onion over medium heat until it softens. Then add the beef and shimeji mushrooms and sauté together.
4. When mushrooms get soft, add 600cc water, bring to a boil, skim the scum, add 200cc beer, and turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, add Golden Curry (medium-spicy) curry roux, and mix well until completely melted. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 7 minutes until thickened.
6. Add edamame beans, stir, and cook 3 more minutes.
7. Serve on a hot bed of rice, garnish with grape tomatoes if desired.