1. Roast an eggplant in a 400 F heated oven for about an hour until tender.
2. Once done, remove from the oven. Carefully take the skin off.
3. Using a masher, mash the roasted eggplant well.
4. Heat up a frying pan, saute onions with a little water (no oil used). As it dries up while caramelizing, add more water, as required.
5. Once onions turn golden brown, add the diced tomatoes, hot sauce, turmeric, garam masala and stir for a few minutes.
6. Finally add the peas and roasted and mashed eggplant. Stir for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
7. Serve warm with any Indian flatbread or rice.