1. In a bowl, place the chicken strips. To it add the garam masala powder, red chili powder, ground cumin, salt, crushed black pepper, and half the oil. Mix well. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
2. In a nonstick pan, heat the remaining oil, and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes then add the green chilies and the marinated chicken.
3. Stir fry the chicken until brown.
4. Add the lemon juice and onion slices to the chicken and sauté until onion begins to soften.
5. Blend the corn starch in the water to make a slurry and add to the chicken.
6. Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until the slurry thickens to a gravy and the chicken is tender.
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Serve with roti, or paratha or use to make wraps.
This chili chicken is not the Chinese version, but the authentic Indian Punjabi version. Sautéed in a non-stick pan, this is the healthy, low fat version, perfect for those who are watching the calories. This dry curry is perfect to enjoy with roti or paratha. This can be used to make wraps as well.