Radish Rice Curry
1) Wash rice and drain well.
2) Immerse Aburaage (fried tofu) in hot water, drain and wrap in paper towel to remove any excess oil and water, then cut into thin strips.
3) Cut radish into sticks (about 2-inch-long is better because it can break easily when cooked).
4) Heat cooking oil in a deep pot and lightly stir-fry Daikon and Aburaage (fried tofu) . Then season with Yamaki Mentsuyu and curry powder.
5) Add rice and mix well.
6) Place the seasoned rice and 400cc water in a Japanese rice cooker, close, and press start to cook.
7) When it's done, do not open and let it steam for about 10 minutes.
8) Open the rice cooker and mix well.
9) Sprinkle parsley flakes if available and then serve.
You can substitute Yamaki Mentsuyu with: 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sake, 2 tablespoons sugar and add 400cc dashi broth instead of water.