Udadacha ghuta or pandhare amte is a simple Maharashtrian Lentil dish. One thing I love about winter is that colder weather makes soup tastes so much delicious! This soup can be quick satisfying solution during rush time.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
7 Clove (35 gm)
1 Teaspoon (For drizzling)
1) Add Urad Dal in pressure cooker and dry roast on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add water and cook until 2 whistles.
3) Once dal is cooked, whisk it well, add salt, sugar and bring it to boil one more time on medium heat.
4) Take some garlic pods and green chilies and make paste out of it.
5) For tempering heat oil, add cumin seeds, hing, garlic and chili paste and sauté for a minute.
6) Add curry leaves and pour tempering over boiled dal.
7) Serve hot with chapati, rice or have just like soup!
Dry roast dal just for 5 minutes and on medium heat, do not roast till it change its color.
Drizzle some ghee or butter over it while serving.