Sweet Sesame Seeds Roti
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted peanut powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated jaggery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Gul)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maida||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Warm)|
1) Dry roast sesame seeds until it gets deep golden color.
2) Put dry roasted sesame seeds in blender and grind to make it in to fine powder.
3) Mix together sesame seeds powder and roasted peanut powder with 1/2 cup of grated jaggery.
4) For flavoring add cardamom powder and a dash of nutmeg.
5) For dough mix together whole wheat flour with maida and salt to taste.
6) To that add hot oil and mix well till the time flour mixture turns out crumbly.
7) Add warm milk and knead in to little bit of stiff dough.
8) Leave dough to rest for 2 hours.
9) After 2 hours divide dough in to 4 equal size balls.
10) Take stuffing in to microwave safe bowl and warm up for 30 seconds.
11) After microwaving stuffing, immediately divide stuffing in to 4 equal size balls.
12) Now take one of flour dough, deep it in to dry flour and roll out in to small puri.
13) Put the stuffing in the middle of puri and bring all edges together and closes all the edges really good.
14) Squeeze out any excess dough.
15) Again deep it in to dry flour and roll gently like paratha.
16) Roast on skillet on medium to high heat until both the size of poli gets light golden spots.
17) Apply ghee or butter and serve hot!
This type of stuffing stays good for more than a month, so that you can make stuffing ahead of time and use whenever required.
Warming up stuffing in the microwave helps the jaggery to get warm up and helps to give a little binding to filling.
If you do not have microwave then you can add few spoons of milk in stuffing to give it binding.