Sabudana is used in Indian cooking, especially in Maharashtra as a light-meal choice for for all fasting days. Sabudana vadas are crunchy and simply melts in the mouth. It leaves the stomach full while the tongue craves for more.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sabudana soaked in water overnight)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted
1 Medium, mashed
2 Medium, crushed
Samo seeds/Rice flour
2 Teaspoon (Optional)
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1 Tablespoon (As needed) (Optional)
For frying the sabudana vadas
2 Cup (32 tbs) (As needed for deep frying)
1. Soak sabudana in water overnight or at least for 4 - 6 hours.
2. After soaking overnight, drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
4. Moisten your palms with a little water and take small portions from the mixture and make patties as shown in the video.
5. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and deep fry the vadas until golden in color.
6. Once done, drain onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil from it.
7. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.