Prasadacha Sheera is very popular sweet dish which is almost prepared everywhere on the auspicious occasion and most commonly on the day of Satya Narayan Pooja. This sheera is offered in small cups as a prasad to guests. Very tasty and healthy too!
For roasting the semolina
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine variety of Rawa / Sooji)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
6 Small (5 - 6 tulsi leaves used) (Optional)
For the banana and nuts mixture
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Cashew nuts, almonds and golden raisins used as needed)
1 Medium, sliced
1. In a heated sauce pan, mix the melted ghee and semolina. Continue stirring over medium-high heat until golden in color.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat with ghee, to this add cashew nuts and chopped almonds. Roast them slightly until light golden in color.
3. Add some raisins, roast for a minute until puffed.
4. Add the banana slices, stir until banana slices are caramelized. Once done, turn off the heat.
5. Once the semolina is roasted well, lower down the heat and gradually add hot milk. Stir, cover and let cook for about 3 minutes.
6. After about 3 minutes, uncover and add the sugar.
7. Stir to dissolve in the sugar well. Then, add the prepared banana mixture.
8. Add tulsi leaves (if using), mix to combine well.
9. Add a little cardamom powder, mix well. Cover and continue to cook for about 4 - 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot as a dessert or as a breakfast meal.
For added flavor, you may add nutmeg powder while cooking the banana pieces.
For added richness, add 1/4 cup more ghee while roasting the semolina / sooji.