Channa Dal Curry
|Chana dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Goda masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind pulp||4 Tablespoon|
|Jaggery||1 Tablespoon (Gul/Gudh)|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
1) Wash and soak chana dal in water for 4 hours.
2) After 4 hours, put chana dal in pressure cooker and cook until 4 to 5 whistles.
3) After dal is cooked, boiled strain out all the water from dal using strainer.
4) Take water from dal in a pan.
5) To that add red chili powder, coriander powder, goda masala, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, clove and mix well.
6) Put that pot on a medium heat and bring that to boil.
7) Take a coconut in a pan and dry roast until it gets light golden color.
8) Now add coconut in boiled dal. Also add tamarind pulp and jaggery in boiled dal.
9) Continue to cook dal for 15 to 20 mts.
10) Once dal is cooked, now its a time for tempering.
11) For tempering heat up tsp each ghee and oil in pan.
12) Once its hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric powder, curry leafs.
13) Pour that tadka over the Dal
14) Garnish with coriander leaves.
Boiled chana dal is always used for making puran.
If you are not making poli then use just a 1/4 cup of chana dal.
Replace goda masala with garam masala.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1198 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 36.2 g181.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 111 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.8%
Dietary Fiber 53.8 g215.1%
Sugars 41.8 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet