|Puff pastry sheets||1|
|Eggs||1 Small, beaten|
|For the filling|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||12 Small|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, dice|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic onion ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Boiled potatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice|
|Chick peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||4 Tablespoon, dice|
|Cilantro||5 Tablespoon, chop|
1. Thaw the frozen puff pastry at room temperature, well in advance.
2. Cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces, slice the cabbage and cut the cauliflower in to florets.
3. Dice the onions and red pepper, set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 385 degree.
5. In a large frying pan pour oil and over medium heat add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves, fry everything for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions and fry for 30 seconds add the chili powder, turmeric, seas salt, ginger-garlic and onion paste, and garam masala, stir everything well and fry for 1 minutes.
7. Add the tamarind paste and stir well.
8. Add 2 tablespoon of water and simmer, add the cauliflower, boiled potages, chick peas and cabbage.
9. Stir well and cook it for 10-15 minutes uncovered.
10. Once done add the red pepper and cilantro and mix everything well.
11. Transfer the filling in a bowl and keep it in the freezer until needed.
12. Unroll the puff pastry sheet over flour dusted worktop.
13. Cut the dough into 3x3 squares, you should get 9 squares.
14. Add the filling in the pastry and fold it into a triangle and using a fork crimp the edges and seal it, brush with eggs if you like.
15. Once done place it on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
16. Once done remove and let it cool for few minutes.
17. Serve the vegetarian samosa along with mint and corriander chutney
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg13.4%
Sodium 715 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet