Oven Roasted Tandoori Chicken
|Chicken legs/Chicken thighs||8 Medium (Skin On)|
|Garlic cloves||6 Medium|
|Ginger knob||1 Medium, 2-inch x 1-inch thick knob, peeled, sliced|
|Coriander sprigs||10 Medium (Fresh - Including Stems)|
|Lime/Lemon||1 Medium (Or Half Of Each)|
|Tandoori paste/1 teaspoon tandoori masala powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat your grill (or your tandoor) or oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Add all the ingredients except chicken into a food processor and puree to a fine paste.
3. Cut a few deep slits into chicken legs (or thighs) so that the masala really penetrates the meat.
4. Add some of the pureed Tandoori paste to the chicken – enough to really coat the chicken.
5. Save any remaining paste for a Tandoori fish.
6. Rub paste into the chicken.
7. Set chicken aside for 2 hours (on a counter if the chicken is cold) or as long as overnight (in the fridge) to marinate.
8. Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes, turning at least once in between in the preheated oven or grill.
9. You can squeeze a little more lemon on the chicken and eat it immediately with rice or naan, or you can let it cool and cut the chicken into small pieces and use it in butter chicken recipe.