It’s morning, you’ve had a friend stay over and you want to impress them. Anyone can pay for brunch at a local diner – what's memorable about that!? Start making this delicious twist on Huevos Rancheros. Instead of roasting tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos in the oven for 45 minutes (she could literally shower, get dressed and LEAVE in that time), I fry all the ingredients on the stove top and add turmeric and ginger to the mix for an even healthier version of this delicious breakfast!
1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely
2 Medium, mashed
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Sambal Olek - As Required To Taste)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Inch, julienned
1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)
1. Heat a medium-sized frying pan (one that would comfortably fry two eggs in it) over medium-high heat.
2. Add vegetable oil, add onions and fry until they start to brown.
3. Add mashed garlic and dried spices, including chili paste.
4. Let fry on medium-high for 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes.
5. Lower heat to medium and cover loosely (mainly so that the sauce doesn’t splatter all over the place).
6. Let the tomatoes break down and all the flavors blend together – this will take 8-10 minutes (After this point, if you want the sauce to be thicker, you can keep frying it with the cover off).
7. Crack two eggs on top of the tomato sauce, cover and let the eggs cook through from the steam in the pan – about 3 minutes.
8. Serve immediately, sprinkled with salt and black pepper and garnished with cilantro and julienned ginger.
9. Accompany this dish with some warm tortillas or naan!
How about some healthy and delicious Mexican breakfast tomorrow? Watch this video to learn this Huevos Rancheros with Indian Twist. It is the national breakfast of Mexico and in this video it is cooked with a twist. Take a look to find out the secret. This is one of the most exotic breakfast you can serve to your loved ones.