Tilapia is a delicate fresh water fish ,very versatile, very healthy .This pan fry version is a all time favorite at my house and the best thing I find about cooking Tilapia is the lack of a strong fishy smell which makes it easier to work with . This simple recipe can be served as a side dish to rice or can be enjoyed on it's own with some lime wedges and salad
Ginger garlic paste
Red chili powder
1. Wash the fish fillet and pat dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
2. Cut this into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
3. To prepare the marinade, mix all the spices with a tablespoon of oil.
4. Crush some garlic and ginger to make a fresh paste of about a tablespoon, add to the marinade.
5. Now add the pieces of tilapia to a large bowl and smear them thoroughly with the marinade .
6. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes so that the flavor penetrates into the fish. Refrigerate if you are planning to cook the fish later.
7. In a non stick pan heat some oil.
8. Arrange the fish pieces one by one in the pan, making enough space between each piece. Avoid overcrowding as it will lead to uneven cooking. You can cook the fish in two batches if required.
9. Wait for a minute or so and enjoy the aroma of the spices filling your apartment.
10. Flip the pieces and let both sides turn golden brown.
11. Serve with wedges of lime and a salad.
The Indian Malabar coast is well known for its fish dishes and this one is probably one of the best it has to offer. This is a very simple and basic recipe of spicy fried fillets of Tilapia. The fish is marinated and coated in a flavorful and spicy paste before it is pan grilled until crisp on the outside and succulent and moist on the inside. A must-try recipe for fish and spice lovers.