Welcome to my summer collection !.This season I promise you lots of healthy and cool recipes .Lets start with mint thogayal which is an excellent condiment for all time ,it can be served with snacks, tiffin ,chapatti or rice.
Fresh mint leaves
2 Bunch (200 gm)
2 Clove (10 gm)
Urad dal/Chopped almonds
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded
1. Rinse the mint leaves and keep aside.
2. Chop the tomatoes, the garlic and the green chilies.
3. Take a pan and add oil, when hot add the urad dal and fry until golden brown.
4. Add the green chilies and the garlic.
5. Add the whole cumin and fry for a few seconds.
6. Now add the tomato and salt, cook till the tomatoes are soft.
7. Finally add the mint leaves and cook just until they start wilting.
8. Let cool and blend with the coconut using a little water to make a thick paste.
9. Enjoy with almost anything from chips to chapatti.
Mint leaves have a pleasant warm, fresh, aromatic, sweet flavor with a pungent aftertaste. This thick mint chutney is a commonly prepared in all Tamil homes during the summer. They say it is good for stomach aches and chest pain! Reap the wonderful health benefits of fresh mint by using them to make this delicious chutney to accompany your meals and snacks.