Brown Rice And Lentil Dosa / Adai
|Brown rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green mung bean||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As needed)|
1. In a large bowl, combine all the three ingredients and add enough water to cover. Soak for at least 3 hours.
2. With the help of a blender, make a fine paste with the ingredients adding very little water at intervals.
3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add salt. Mix well and the batter is ready.
4. Use a ladle to pour mixture on a lightly greased hot griddle and flip if needed.
5. Serve with any chutney or any condiment of your choice.
Adai batter doesn't need fermentation as dosa, so we can make crepes right away.
One can experiment with varying the measures and also by adding new lentils, the chef has tried with green split peas that gives it a green color, adding grated carrots gives an orange and lightly sweet crepe, so try it and enjoy !
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 755 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.6 g114.5%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet