Maharashtrian-Style Dadpe Pohe
|Thin poha||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Flaked Rice)|
|Grated coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 , finely chopped|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hing||1 Pinch (Asafetida)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large flat plate, mix the poha flakes with fresh shredded coconut, chopped onion, mix well.
2. Put another plate on the top of the poha mixture and weigh down by placing a heavy bowl on the top of it.
3. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. For the tempering in a small pan, heat oil.
5. Shallow fry the raw peanuts until they are browned.
6. Once peanuts are browned, use slotted spoon to remove to a bowl and keep aside.
7. Now in the same oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing. Mix well.
8. Next add in green chilies, turmeric powder, curry leaves and allow the leaves to crackle.
9. Now pour this tempering over the prepared Poha mixture.
10. Toss well, add lemon juice, salt to taste, sugar, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
11. Garnish with fried peanuts and serve immediately while hot.
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 202.4 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet