|Fryer chicken||2 (cut into serving sized pieces)|
|Turmeric||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garbanzos||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to 2 cups chicken stock, soften it.
6. Stir in turmeric, poppy seeds, coriander, cayenne, coconut, onion, and garlic and cook until the onion turns tender.
7. Remove the mixture from heat and add flour and stir well.
8. Puree the garbanzo beans in the food processor and stir it into the soup.
9. Stir in chicken stock and meat and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
10. Soften butter with cloves.
11. Remove coves before serving and stir in butter into the soup.
12. Season with salt and cayenne.
13. Serve the Mulligatawny soup hot.