|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pre heat the oven to 450 F
2. In a small bowl/cup, activate the yeast by mixing it with the sugar and warm water. Set it aside for five minutes to get the process going.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, yogurt, oil and the activated yeast mixture. Mix well until it forms a ball.
4. Keep the dough on a work surface and knead it for about 30 seconds. Place it back in the bowl, cover with a tea towel and let it rest for 5 minutes or longer. If you choose to let the dough rest for more than half hour, you will notice an increase in size. Punch it down and continue to the next step.
5. After the dough has rested for 5 minutes, turn it on to a work surface that has been floured. Cut into quarters and shape each quarter into oval shaped naan.
6. Once formed place the naan directly onto the middle oven rack. Cook for 5 -7 minutes, checking to see if it is cooked. You will know it is done when it has browned a little and has air bubbles. The exact time cannot be specified, as it depends on the temperature of each individual oven.
7. Serve hot with some delicious Chili Chicken!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1477 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg1.3%
Sodium 1976.8 mg82.4%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 10% Iron 93.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet