1. In a large pan heat the oil on medium high, put in the paneer and fry till golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Once fried, cut into 1″ cubes and set aside.
2. In a blender/food processor combine the spinach, garlic, onion, red and green challis with 1/2 cup of water and puree till smooth.
3. To the same pan and oil the paneer was browned in, add the dried red chills, ground cumin, garam masala, nigella seeds and fennel seeds. Toast till fragrant, about 1 minute on low heat.
4. Add the pureed spinach, turn up the heat to medium high and cook for 10 minutes covered.
5. Add the yogurt and season with salt to taste.
6. Add the cubed paneer, stir and cook another 5 minutes till heated through.
7. Garnish with onion rings, and serve with some homemade naan.
Saag Paneer is a typical North Indian dish. It is almost a staple is most houses in India. You'll enjoy this dish with rotis are naans. And the dish is also very healthy. Watch and learn how to make this gravy from this video! Enjoy!