Aloo Tare Ko - Nepali Spicy Fried Potatoes
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut lengthways in medium thickness|
|Onions||4 Medium, ground and chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (large)|
|Fresh ginger root||2 Inch|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the onions until light brown.
2) Stir in the garlic and ginger and saute for one minute.
3) Mix in the slit chillies, turmeric and cumin powder.
4) Stir the onion mixture until light brown.
5) Put in the potatoes and stir for about five minutes.
6) Partially cover the pan and let the potatoes cook until just tender, stirring occasionally.
7) To finish squeeze in little fresh lime juice.
8) Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander if desired.