Mulligatawny in a Pressure Cooker
|Lean scrag||500 Gram, cut into thin chops (mutton or lamb)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, scraped and sliced|
|Cooking apple||1 Large, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Chilli powder||1 Pinch (a generous)|
|White stock/Water||1 1⁄4 Liter|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Green pepper||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (to garnish)|
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is not more than half full.
4. Closing the cooker bring to h pressure, cook for 15 minutes and reduce the pressure quickly.
5. Remove the meat from the bones, cut into small pieces and set aside.
6. Using a liquidizer or by pressing through a sieve blend the vegetables and stock.
7. Return the soup to the cooker, stir in the flour blended with the milk and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
8. Put the meat back into the soup to reheat, taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
9. Garnish with chopped green pepper and serve.