|Broiler-fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Onions||2 Small, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use As Needed)|
1) Put the chicken in a Dutch oven, add water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for an hour.
2) Remove chicken and cool it. Keep 1 cup broth separate. Bone it and chop.
3) In a medium skillet, heat oil and saute onion until soft and then add next 8 ingredients. Saute them.
4) Fold in 1 cup broth and lime juice, stir and remove from heat.
5) Take a lightly greased 12-x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and put chicken in it.
6) Pour onion mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
8) Serve chicken curry over hot cooked rice.