Black Chana Masala
|Kala chana||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Soaked In Plenty Of Water Overnight)|
|Tomatoes||2 , finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Green chilies||4 (Use More Or Less According To Your Taste)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 (For Garnish)|
|Chana masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. soaked kala chana with the bay leaves, whole black cardamom pods and cinnamon stick in with enough water so cover the chana fully.
2 Do not overcook. yet be easy to mash when a little pressure is applied Remove , the bay leaves, the whole cardamom and cinnamon stick
3. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the ginger, the chopped green chillies, the cumin seeds. cook for 1 minute, then add the chopped onions. Fry till the onions become soft and turn slightly brown.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and the garam masala and stir. Add 1/2 cup water and cook till the tomatoes become mushy.
5.add remaing spices
6. add the cooked kala chana (reserving 1/4 cup) and salt to taste.
7. Add some more water if required, to make a thick gravy, and let the kala chana simmer away for 5 minutes.
8. Mash the reserved 1/4 cup of the chana and add it to the pan. Stir again. This will thicken the chana.
9. Garnish with the onion rings and scatter the coriander leaves on top.