Malay Bocalhau Com Batatas
|Smoked cod/Dry cod||1 Pound|
|Hard boiled eggs/Shelled and sliced||3|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled, boiled and sliced|
|Canned tomatoes/Fresh tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
|Tomato puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Preheat the oven 400 °F.
2) For the dried cod, soak it for about 12 hours in cold water, refreshing the water every 2 hours.
3) In a non-stick pan, saute the onions, pepper, garlic and tomatoes.
4) In a pot, boil the water and lightly cook the fish.
5) Allow to cool the fish and flake removing bones.
6) In a sauce pan, make tomato sauce using, garlic, herbs and tomato puree, boiling for 5 minutes, set aside.
7) In an oven-proof dish, place the potatoes in layers ,alternating with the fish and the vegetables.
8) Place with the sliced eggs and olives on top and stream over tomato sauce.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until fish flakes of easily with fork.
10) Serve hot garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg60.4%
Sodium 168.6 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 165.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet