|Cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low fat milk||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. In a saucepan, take cornmeal and 3 cups milk. Stir it with a wire whisk to smoothen it and blend it well.
3. Add the remaining milk and cook it over a medium flame till it thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Reduce flame and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from flame and add butter, sweetening and spices. Stir well.
6. Pour a little of this hot mixture into eggs. Blend well.
7. Then add the egg mixture back to the cornmeal mixture, while stirring to prevent eggs from cooking.
8. Add raisins.
9. Grease an 11x14 inch baking pan.
10. Pour the pudding into the pan and bake it for 1 hour or until the edges are browned. Do not chill it immediately after you remove from oven as Indian pudding-€™s cooking process continues even after it is removed from the flame.
11. Serve Indian Pudding at warm or at room temperature.
Calories 1155 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.4 mg81.8%
Sodium 605.7 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 142.2 g
Protein 36 g72.1%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 94.5% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet