|Enriched rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (White / Brown Rice)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, place rice and pour in water.
2) Wash mushrooms in cold water. Discard the stem ends.
3) Place over heat and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer, by reducing heat and covering, for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is soaked.
5) In a blender or food processor with steel blade, add the mushrooms to grind until a smooth puree is formed.
6) In a large skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
7) Add the mushroom puree and cook for a while, until the color is changed.
8) Add the cooked mushrooms on cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
9) Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
10) Serve warm with your choice of side dish.
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 107.9 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet