Spiced Basmati Rice
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt/Salt substitute||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
1) Wash the rice and keep in a bowl.
2) Add cold water and allow the rice to stand in water for 30 minutes.
3) Drain the rice and keep aside.
4) Take the rice, salt or salt substitute, cinnamon stick, cumin, bay leaf and water in a saucepan.
5) Boil them on medium heat for 20 minutes.
6) Remove the cover from the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes to make the rice tender.
7) Serve the rice hot with any of your favorite gravy.