1. Take a bowl, combine rice flour with the glutinous rice flour. Sieve the flour mixture 2 - 3 times and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat water. When the water boils, add salt and ghee.
3. Add the rice flour, stir quickly and when all the water is absorbed by the flour, turn off the heat. Cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the stuffing, take a microwave safe bowl with poppy seeds. Place in the microwave oven for 2 minutes to roast the poppy seeds.
5. Add in the shredded coconut, jaggery, mix well. Place in the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
6. After 30 seconds, take the bowl out, stir the mixture a bit and place again in the oven for another 2 minutes.
7. Take the bowl out, add assorted nuts and cardamom powder, mix everything together. Set this prepared filling aside.
8. Take the ukad, grease your palms with a little water and oil and start kneading it.
9. Divide the dough into small equal portions, roll them into balls. While working with a ball of dough, make sure to keep the rest covered.
10. Mold the ukad into a shape of a small shallow bowl as shown in the video.
11. Spoon a portion of the stuffing into it and pleat the edges as shown in the video. Close the modak bringing together the edges on the top.
12. Place all prepared modaks in the steamer, sprinkling some water. Steam over medium heat for 10 minutes.
13. After 10 minutes, let it stand in the steamer for 5 minutes.
14. Serve during auspicious Indian festivals.