Crispy and crunchy bread prepared by using rice flour.
For the dough
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 - 1 1/2 cups)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)
For dusting while rolling the dough
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed for dusting)
For pan roasting
1 Teaspoon (for topping) (Optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, take rice flour. Add salt to taste and mix.
2. Gradually add a little hot water, mix to get a crumbly mixture.
3. Begin kneading the dough, continue for about 4 - 5 minutes.
4. Once done, take small portions of the dough, pat between your palms.
5. Dust some rice flour on the rolling board, place the round on the rolling board and pat rounds with your palms.
6. Heat a skillet and place the bhakri (the flour dusted side facing up).
7. Immediately apply a little water over the top and roast it for a couple of minutes, flipping sides.
8. Next, roast the bhakri over direct high heat as shown in the video.
9. Serve hot with a dollop of ghee (optional) over it and with your choice of Indian dishes.