Very popular mughalai cuisine, mutton pieces cooked in flavorful yogurt based sauce.
1 Pound, cut into medium size pieces
2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 - 3 cups)
Ginger garlic paste
Degi mirch powder/Red chili powder
Rest of the ingredients for the mutton korma
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a wok take the mutton pieces. To it add yogurt, shahi jeera and the whole spices.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, nutmeg powder, degi mirch powder and salt. Mix everything well.
3. Add oil to the marinated mutton pieces and keep it on high heat for about 5 - 6 minutes.
4. after about 6 minutes when it starts boiling, reduce the temperature to a medium heat, cover and let cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. After 30 minutes, uncover and add fried onions, water and kasoori methi. Stir, cover and let cook for another 15 - 20 minutes until mutton pieces are tender.
6. Serve warm with naan, paratha, chapati or rice.