Dil Pasand (Valentine Day Special)
|Puff pastry sheets/Frozen paratha||2|
|For the filling|
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh or frozen)|
|Assorted nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Tuti fruity mix||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat a skillet on medium and fry some shredded coconut for about 3 - 4 minutes, to evaporate the moisture.
2. Add some assorted nuts (chopped almonds and raisins used), sugar and stir fry for another 3 - 4 minutes over medium heat until the sugar melts and mixes with the shredded coconut.
3. Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and tutti fruity. Stir to mix everything.
4. After a couple of minutes, turn off the heat and set the mixture aside to cool down completely.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
6. Lay out puff pastry sheets or frozen parathas, cut in the shape of rounds. Spoon a portion of the filling in the center. Close with another puff pastry sheet or paratha (of a smaller size) over the top and seal the edges with water as shown in the video.
7. Bake in the preheated oven with the sealed side up for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let it sit in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
9. Serve as a dessert or a snack.
Calories 948 Calories from Fat 456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.6%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 649.4 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 63.7 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet