|Clear chicken broth/Defatted chicken essence from the roasting pan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add flour and skim milk to beat into a smooth mixture. Alternately, use a tightly capped jar to shake the mixture.
2) In a saucepan, pour the chicken broth or essence.
3) Gradually add the flour mixture into the saucepan and combine.
4) Place the saucepan over medium heat to cook the broth by continuous stirring until thick.
5) Adjust seasoning.
6) Reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes, before it is ready to serve.
7) Serve the gravy with mashed potato, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.43 g0.66%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 1030.3 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet