Calcutta Lamb Curry
|Lamb||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Grape jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Welch's)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mint leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melon||1 Medium, peeled and cut into cubes|
|Apple||1 , peeled and cut into cubes|
1. In a pressure cooker, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
2. Add the lamb and sautÃ© it until all pieces are evenly browned.
3. Add remaining ingredients except the melon and apple, to the meat and sautÃ© to extract the flavors.
4. Close the cooker with its lid and place the pressure regulator on the vent pipe.
5. Pressure cook for 10 minutes on medium.
6. Turn off the heat and allow the cooker to cool.
7. Open and add fruit.
8. Simmer the curry for 5 minutes on a medium flame, stirring occasionally.
9. Serve the Calcutta Lamb Curry over rice or with naan bread garnished with fresh coriander if you like.