|Boneless lamb stew meat||2 Pound, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon (Clarified Butter / Margarine)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced / pressed|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a large Dutch oven or stew pot, melt the clarified butter over a medium flame.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sautÃ© them until evenly browned.
3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions to a bowl and keep aside to be added later.
4. Add the meat to the hot fat and sautÃ© it until it is evenly browned.
5. Add the spices to the meat and sautÃ© until they release their aroma. Make sure to do this on a medium low heat to prevent the spices from burning.
6. Return the onion mixture to the pan and pour in the water.
7. Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce the flame.
8. Cover the pan and simmer the meat until it is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the meat from sticking to the bottom.
9. Serve the Lamb Curry over rice or with naan bread garnished with fresh coriander.