Arvi Chi Bhaji
|Arvi/Collocasia||500 Gram, peeled and sliced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind||1 Teaspoon (Lime Size Ball)|
|Jaggery||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ground cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful)|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
1. Grind chillies and garlic to a smooth paste.
2. In a small bowl mix salt and spices.
3. Apply this mixture on arvi.
4. In a small bowl add tamarind with 1 cup water and keep it soaked for 5 minutes. Extract the juice.
5. Mix jaggery to the juice and stir to dissolve.
6. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoon oil and add arvi. Fry for sometime.
7. Add tamarind water to it.
8. Seal with a lid tightly till the vegetable is tender.
9. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.