Indian Spicy Lamb Cutlets
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed (Large Cloves)|
|Chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger puree||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh Ones)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Lamb cutlets||4 , trimmed|
|Coconut cream||50 Gram|
|Basmati rice||225 Gram, well rinsed|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Madras curry powder||2 Teaspoon (Hot One)|
|Tomatoes||400 Gram, chopped|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, sliced|
|Fresh spinach leaves||175 Gram, washed and stalks removed (Young Ones)|
|Coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a bowl, crush one garlic clove and mix chilli powder, ginger and 1 teaspoon of the tomato puree with salt and pepper and rub into the cutlets. Set aside to marinate.
2. In a saucepan, boil water, add the coconut cream and stir until dissolved.
3. In another saucepan, add rice and pour in the coconut mixture. Break the cinnamon stick and add half, add cardamom pods, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
3. In a wok or frying pan, heat oil and add thinly sliced onions, cook over a high heat until crispy and lightly golden. Remove from heat.
4. Pre-heat a ridged griddle pan. Brush it with a little oil and griddle the lamb cutlets over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
5. In another pan, add half of the fried onion and add the curry powder, add the tomatoes, remaining piece of cinnamon, remaining 2 teaspoons of tomato puree, sugar and vinegar. Season generously and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes until thickened and pulpy.
6. Add remaining garlic to the wok and cook for 30 seconds, add coriander, garam masala and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the spinach, with only the water clinging to the leaves after washing, and cook for a few minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
7.On warm serving plates, arrange the lamb chops, add some rice and spinach.
8. Serve hot.