Chickpea And Spinach Chapatis
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Medium, grated|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned cherry tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Chickpeas||410 Gram, drained|
|Spinach leaves||500 Gram|
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
5) Stir 3/4 of the spinach leaves into the sauce and allow to wilt, then warm thoroughly for a few minutes.
6) Transfer into a casserole or serving dish.
7) Heat the chapatis if packaged as per directions.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Spinach curry with chapattis along with a yogurt salad, if desired.