Toovar dal-2 tablespoons
Moong dal- 2 tablespoons
Urad- 2 tablespoon
Masoor dal- 2 tablespoons
Channa dal- 2 tablespoons
Onions-2 medium, cut into thin rings
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
Cinnamon sticks-1- inch piece, broken into bits
Bay leaf-1, crumpled
Salt- to taste
1) Pound whole spices coarsely.
2) Make a ginger and one onion paste.
3) Fry the other onion until crisp and golden. Keep aside.
4) Par-cook the rice and the dals in separate containers. Strain and keep aside.
5) In a pan, heat ghee and add spices, ginger-minced onion paste and sautÃ© until golden brown.
6) Stir in the rice and the dals. Mix and then add salt and turmeric. Saute for a minute.
7) Add milk and cover the pan. Cook until rice and dals are cooked.
8) Garnish with fried onion rings and serve.