Spicy Toovar Dal
Ground cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
Green chilies-4, slit
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Grated coconut-2 tablespoons
Tomato-1 big, blanched and sliced
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Ginger-1-inch piece, minced
1) Clean the cocum properly.
2) Add turmeric and cook dal until almost done.
3) Now, add tomatoes, chillies, cocums, coconut, salt and all the spices. Cook everything together until dal is fully cooked. Keep it aside.
Remove from fire and set aside.
4) Take a wok and heat oil. Add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
5) Now add ginger and fry until done.
6) Pour it over dal.
7) Garnish it with coriander leaves and spicy toovar dal is ready to serve.