Veg Puffs (Without Using Puff Pastry)
|Frozen malaysian paratha||5 (One pack used)|
|For the filling|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped carrot||4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Boiled potato||1 Medium, mashed|
|Chat masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind sauce||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Line a pizza tray with foil and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute till the raw smell from ginger garlic goes away.
4. Add chopped carrots, green pepper and red pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add spinach, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add boiled potato, mix, salt, chaat masala, frozen green peas, mix well.
8. Add lemon juice and garam masala, mix everything well. Keep the stuffing aside.
9. Preheat oven to 400 F.
10. Take each Malaysian paratha and cut into halves.
11. Take each half, spoon a little of the filling on one half of each cut portion and fold, sealing the edges with water.(You may spread a little tamarind sauce on the paratha along with the filling, if desired)
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes.
13. Serve warm with chutney or sauce of your choice.